BEVERLY, Mass. – The Regis (Mass.) men's volleyball team fell to the No. 7 NCAA regionally ranked Endicott Gulls, 3-0, by scores of 25-21, 25-21, and 25-17 on Saturday at MacDonald Gymnasium on Senior Day.
Prior to today's match, seniors Ryan Sutherland (Fairport, N.Y.), Daniel Toth (Glenwood, N.J.), and Tyler Willgoos (Newington, Conn.) were all honored alongside their families for their contributions towards the men's volleyball program and the Endicott Community. Willgoos led the trio offensively with five kills, while Sutherland and Toth both notched four kills apiece in the victory.
Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) highlighted the Gulls' attack with a match-high (tied) 10 kills. Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.) and Tim Fieseler (Bridgewater, N.J.) also chipped in with five kills each.
Endicott never trailed Regis in today's match until the third set. Throughout the early stages of the final stanza, the Pride maintained a match-high two point lead all the way to the 11-10 mark of the set. Endicott finally answered with an 11-1 to make it 21-12 and never looked back.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Set three featured nine tied scores and four lead changes.
- Endicott is 15-1 in the all-time series versus Regis.
- The Gulls' offense was ran by Devin Racey (Voorheesville, N.Y.), Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.), and Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.). Racey paced the trio with 10 assists, while Dake and Riorden both had nine apiece.
- Twelve of Willgoos' 25 receptions led to kills (.480).
FOR THE PRIDE
- Brett Krahl (Santa Clarita, Calif.) tied Lipton for the match-high in kills with 10.
- Sean Bisnett (Oxnard, Calif.) pitched in with nine putaways.
- Joe Hanrahan (Coventry, R.I.) facilitated the offense with a match-high 28 assists.
Endicott (19-10, 12-0 NECC) now awaits the announcement of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) Tournament seedings this coming Sunday afternoon. The Gulls will be the No. 1 seed in the tournament and have earned the right to host with their perfect 12-0 league record. Regis (14-13, 9-2 NECC) travels to Lesley tomorrow for a league match at 11:00 a.m.
Recap courtesy of Endicott Sports Information.